Saturday 3 January 2015

The Wind Beneath My Wings

I often get asked where I draw my strength from. How do you manage to keep optimistic with everything that's happening to you? Where is all that energy coming from? How are you able to smile? Just a few of the questions thrown at me lately.
There is only one person to credit, my mother! She taught me Resilience. She's been tested time and again, and every time, she always pulls through. That deep sense of faith and love she instilled in all her kids and everyone around her provide the foundation that fortify my being, and my essence. She is and remains to be the wind beneath my wings. I cannot soar without that wind. It's what propels me to reach greater heights and dream the impossible.
As I go through the biggest challenge of my life, I take with me her exemplary virtue of faith, love, and resilience. With these, I can keep going. I would not be half the person I am now without her care and guidance. I would not be fit to fight this without tapping into her inexhaustible ardor to keep going no matter what.
Today I thank my Mom for everything. Happy 79th Birthday Mama, you're the wind beneath my wings, I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment